Royal Pavilion Brighton
The Royal Pavilion was built for the Prince of Wales, later George IV. It was built in stages beginning in 1787 by the conversion of an old farmhouse on the site. Between 1815 and 1822 the Pavilion was redesigned and extended by John Nash who fashioned its current domes and minarets in an Indo-Mughal style. His grand-daughter Queen Victoria did not like the building or Brighton, saying "the people here are very indiscreet and troublesome". It was sold to Brighton in 1850. This series of photos were taken using a converted infrared camera at 720nm and then turned into black & white.